3.07.2009

A start

Today is a new day, both obviously and metaphorically speaking of course. Yesterday I went through the process of completing my 45 hour (midpoint) review, and luckily I somehow managed to pass. So to reward myself for actually somewhat completing a body of work, I figured I might as well start a blog to keep tabs on myself and hope some sort of visual and analytical progression comes out of this.


Review body of work: Untitled Series

Clothing functions as a way to define an individual as they present themselves to others. Though it is merely fabric, it conceals the unseen from the rest of society and presents a tangible barrier between what others know and what is known only to ourselves.
Depending on the viewing angle, what is revealed varies from the subtly voyeuristic to the outright exploitive. There is an acknowledgement of resistance, yet there is a simultaneous sense of curiosity which allows themselves to come forth without judgment, yet still fearing the idea of being vulnerable.

The images are printed on film and presented through stacks of plexi-glass, incorporating a visual three dimension aspect. As you move from side to side, the layers correspond with the viewers perspective, creating a man made animation.










Cheers!
-Tony




4 comments:

  1. Congrats on passing review! It's been a while since i've seen anything you've been working on...so glad that you started the blog, hope you'll keep us all updated...i'm adding your link to my blog roll. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos- I wish I could see these in person.

    ReplyDelete